Monday 15 August 2011

butterfly wood restart

over the past couple of days i have done some work on butterfly wood. As i stitched i became more and more aware of a line between my first and second pages.Then , for some unknown reason, one of the threads i stitched with was very mucky ( its winter white , 3865? i think) compaired to the rest. So after i showed my gran ( who taught me how to cross stitch and has been my mentor since i was 6 ( 20 years ago) ) we both decided i should start again.It means no frogging, and also that i can take care to not have any page lines.

It is annoying having to start again , but it would be more annoying to continue , get further on - or finished and still not be happy with it. So it has went back into a bag - and can get used up for the 2012 freebie sal ( if haed holds it again - i missed the mid year one , as i joined the bb forum 2 weeks after it closed)

So i have put dryad back up and will do another week on that - starting tomorrow. Then it will be train of dreams, then hopefully ill have my new fabric through and i can toss for butterfly wood restart or fire moon.

A quick question for everyone.Do you like weekly updates, or would people rather i updated every other day ( unless ofcourse no work was done on a piece)

If it's weekly updates, you see (obviously depending on the week i have) around 2800 - 4200 stitches completed since the last update. If its every 2 days or so it would be about 800 - 1200 stitches. Just wondering what you all thought best.

7 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I would be happy to see more frequent updates, but it's entirely up to you. If you want to update more frequently, do, and if not, don't. After all, it IS your blog!!!

mcewan07 said...

thanks julie, i know its my blog, but some can get fed up seeing updates for only a handful of stitches.

when i restart butterfly wood , i am going to do it from the bottom up.this means i will not have to do the bit i have just done, (well not for a long time) and it leaves the majority of white till last - and so hopefully keep it cleaner

mdgtjulie said...

I think that's a great idea. I have a piece I'm considering putting in my rotation with a lot of white in it, and that's a concern of mine as well. I like seeing updates, no matter how many stitches there are. And I know it's always nice to share our work.

mcewan07 said...

kl, ill get un update tomorrow then , and make it twice weekly from then on. Again i havent done much on the cross stitch, but in order to finish my half yearly goals ( and i would so like to be able to finish them) i need to do 375 stitches a day till christmas.This is thanks to losing out on butterfly wood (12000 stitches.) But ill get their.

Im so impatient. I really want some fabric, so i can restart butterfly wood,but ill need to wait till friday (26th) and use my birthday money to get some, and then hopefully by the beginning of september i can get it started.

mdgtjulie said...

I feel you on the impatience. I always feel like I should be able to stitch faster, which I should. I'm a really slow stitcher...

mcewan07 said...

i usually can (did have a 600 stitch average) but since the wedding i am struggling to do the 375 , esp. since i have hurt my right wrist.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, no, I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing as frustrating as knowing you should be able to do better!!